Procedure to Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 with Android Me Custom ROM Firmware:
- Unlock the Boot loader of Galaxy Nexus from the mentioned instructions and then install the TWRP recovery in your Galaxy Nexus by following the corresponding instructions. Once the boot loader is unlocked and the TWRP installation is done, download Pre Rooted Jellybean 4.1.1 Release for Galaxy Nexus from here to your computer.
- Download the Android Me Jellybean 4.1.1 Custom ROM firmware package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your Galaxy Nexus device with the computer using the original USB cable and place the zip file in your device.
- Once it’s done, you can then disconnect the device and turn off the same so that it can be then entered in the recovery mode.
- Galaxy Nexus I9250 can be entered in the recovery mode pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and then press the Power button to enter the device in the recovery mode. In recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” to select the “Android Me Custom ROM Firmware package which you have placed in your device and with the help of Volume buttons and Power button, select the same.
- It will take around 4 – 5 minutes for applying the update. Once the device is updated, you will now need to select “Go Back” and “reboot system now” for rebooting the device. Since it will be the first reboot, it will take more than normal time for starting the device.
- Once the device is started, you will have to enter the Country and Language settings in your device. To check on whether the device has been successfully updated or not, you can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where it will show the current firmware as “Android me 4.1.1”.
Note: Just in case if the device doesn’t turn up or say if it gets stuck on the Galaxy Nexus logo, you will have to long press the Power button or reinsert the battery to apply the update.
Congratulations, you have now successfully updated Galaxy Nexus with the latest custom ROM firmware of Android me. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.