Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 Android device users need not feel dejected as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can update your device with the latest version of KitKat 4.4.2 Android OS. Unfortunately, Samsung seems to have missed releasing the update of KitKat 4.4.2 Android OS but all thanks to the custom ROM firmware makers who have come out with this new update. So, before we proceed on to check on what are the quick pre requisites which are mentioned below.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that if at all the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t make use of KIES to create the backup of data as it may not help ypou restore the data
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 50% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device. Also, make sure that this firmware is not applied to the Network Locked Devices.
Once you are done with all the above mentioned steps, proceed onto the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device with the latest firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 with KitKat 4.4.2 Android Firmware:
- Download the ROM Manager app in your device so that the custom Recovery image can be installed in our device.
- Now, you need to make sure that your device has been rooted. You can check on whether your phone is rooted or not with the help of “Root Checker” app.
- Once the device is rooted, all you need to do is to enter the device in the recovery mode via ROM Manager app or manually.
- Download KitKat 4.4.2 Android Firmware Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your device.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and then choose the zip file of Kitkat 4.4.2 Android firmware and then the Google Apps Package which you have placed in your phone.
- Once the firmware is updated, select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now”. The whole process of firmware update will take around 4 -5 minutes and in some cases it may take more time.
- To check on whether the firmware is updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” for checking the same where you will see the current firmware version as KitKat 4.4.2.
Note: If at all your Galaxy Nexus gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the latest Kitkat 4.4.2 Android OS in your Galaxy Nexus which comes with advanced KitKat features. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.