MIUI Custom ROM Firmware for Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 smartphone can now be easily applied and we will be checking out in the due course of this article. Please note that for applying this update, your Nexus device should be rooted one, to check on whether your Nexus is rooted or not you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store and check on whether the device is rooted or not. If the device is not rooted then you can’t apply this update. Once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void. This MIUI Custom ROM firmware is based on the latest Jellybean 4.1 firmware version and comes with the goodness of all the advanced features and visual treats. From the l;ast few days we saw on various custom ROM firmwares for Galaxy Nexus and we will continue to see in future as well.
Note: This update is only for the Nexus I9250 model and not for any other device. To check on the phone’s model number you need to head to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you can see the device model name.
From the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version”, you need to note down the current firmware version so that you can then revert back to the same for getting back the lost warranty. The best part of this MIUI Custom ROM firmware is that it is a very highly stable custom ROM firmware and comes with a host of add-on features which stock firmware lacks. Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article so as to ensure that the update is applied safely and in a hassle free manner.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- Unlock the Boot loader of Galaxy Nexus from the mentioned instructions and then install the TWRP recovery in your Galaxy Nexus by following the corresponding instructions. It is very important to unlock the boot loader.
- All the data in your Galaxy Nexus I9250 smartphone should be backed up with the help of below steps. Once you have created a backup of all the data, connect your device and place all the backup files in your computer. Once the backup files are copied to your computer, disconnect the same.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, you will have to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Ensure that the minimum charge left is not less than 40%.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this update in your Galaxy Nexus I9250.
Procedure to Install MIUI Custom ROM firmware in Galaxy Nexus I9250:
- Download the latest MIUI Custom ROM Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your Nexus I9250 device to the computer using the original USB cable and place the MIUI Zip file in your device.
- Disconnect the Galaxy Nexus from the computer and turn off your device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. You can also enter into the recovery mode with the help of the ROM Manager app.
- Galaxy Nexus I9250 can be entered in the recovery mode pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and then press the Power button to enter the device in the recovery mode. In recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” to select the MIUI Custom ROM firmware package.
- Once the file is selected, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. It will take longer time than expected for the device to reboot as it’s the first time the device will be booted.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of MIUI Custom ROM firmware in your device.