How to Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 with Jellybean EaglesBlood Custom ROM Firmware
For faster performance and better features, here comes an all new custom ROM firmware which is dubbed as Eaglesblood ROM which promises to come out with the no force close errors. This update also comes with the fully working Google Now and with advanced functionalities which we will be checking in the form of screen captures. For applying this update, you will have to root the device. To check on whether the device is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Please note that this is not an Official firmware released by Samsung.
Over the last few days we have been looking various custom ROM firmwares and also in the coming days we will be checking out on what are the new custom ROM firmwares. Custom ROM firmwares basically enhances the over all user experience.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions mentioned. Don’t apply this update in your network locked devices or else it may lock the devices or may even brick the device.
- Before applying this update you will have to make sure that you have created a backup of all the data present in your phone so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your device and computer. Minimum battery life should not be less than 50% so as to make sure that device doesn’t get turned off in the middle of firmware update process. Ensure that you have disabled all the active antivirus suites present in then device as it may interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Once the device is rooted, the warranty will get void, the only way with which the warranty can be reclaimed is by reapplying with the original firmware update.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we will be checking out on how you can apply this update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Nexus I9250 with Eagles Blood Custom ROM Firmware:
- This update can only be applied on the International version of Galaxy Nexus I9250 model and not on any of the network locked devices. Unlock the Boot loader of Galaxy Nexus from the mentioned instructions and then install the TWRP recovery in your Galaxy Nexus by following the corresponding instructions.
- Once it’s done, download the Eagles Blood Custom ROM Firmware package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your Galaxy nexus.
- Now, disconnect the device and turn off the same so that it can be entered in the recovery mode or else you can also enter the device from the “ROM Manager” app.
- Galaxy Nexus I9250 can be entered in the recovery mode manually by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and then press the Power button to enter the device in the recovery mode. In recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” to select the “Eagles Blood Custom ROM Firmware package and then the Google Apps Package which you have placed in your device and with the help of Volume buttons and Power button, select the same.
- It will take around 3 – 4 minutes for applying the update. Once the device is updated, you will now need to select “Go Back” and “reboot system now” for rebooting the device. Since it will be the first reboot, it will take more than normal time for starting the device. It will take more time than normal for booting up the device since it will be the first boot.
- Now, check whether the firmware is updated or not from the path “Settings > About Phone” where it will show the current firmware as “Eagles Blood Custom ROM”. If you face any issues, then enter the device in the recovery mode and clear the cache plus wipe the data.
Note: Just in case if the device doesn’t turn up or say if it gets stuck on the Galaxy Nexus logo, you will have to long press the Power button or reinsert the battery to apply the update.
Congratulations, you have now successfully learnt on how you can apply this update in your Nexus. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.