Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet N8000 can now be updated with the latest firmware version of Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware. This new version of firmware is dubbed as XXCMI2 which comes with the bug fixes across many applications. So, before you proceed on to check on what are the detailed instructions which will help you update, you will need to follow the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below. While there are no official updates by Samsung on by when there will be an official firmware version of 4.2.2 / 4.3 release for the device, you can till then apply this firmware update.
Advisory: XXCMI2 UK version has been updated and can now be applied for all the users across the Globe.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet N8000 should be backed up with the help of below steps. Don’t backup the data with the help of KIES as it may not help you restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- In your Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet N8000, head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and enable the same.
- Minimum battery left in your tablet should be more than 50%.
Note: Applying this update manually won’t root / void the warranty of your tablet in any manner.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you apply the update.
Procedure to update Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet N8000 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.1.2 XXCMI2 Firmware Zip for Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet N8000 and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, open Odin in your computer and turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Once download mode is entered in the device, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you can see that the ID: COM section will turn Blue which indicates that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you got after the extraction and click on “Start” for starting the firmware update. Please note that it may take more than 4 -5 minutes for applying this update in your Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet N8000.
- Once the device is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted. Head over to “Settings > More > About Device” path where you can check the current firmware update as Jellybean 4.1.2 XXCMI2.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.