For all those who wanted to restore back the firmware of Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi N8010 tablet to the default firmware, then we are here to help you out as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can roll back the firmware to the Official XXALGC version which is the official firmware. The main motive behind on you being installing this update is that once you install this firmware, you can easily restore back the lost warranty and also just in case if you are on the buggy firmware, then you can easily undo the same by installing this. This firmware is the ICS 4.0.4 firmware version.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
Please be informed that once you apply this update and if you have already got the root access then the root access will be completely revoked. Just in case if you wish to root the device then we will try to come up with an article which will help you to root the device.
Assuming that your current firmware doesn’t detect the KIES PC Suite, you will have no other option but to manually back up all the data with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, you will have to enable the USB Debugging Mode in your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 device. Ensure that the minimum charge left is not less than 40%. Also, disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your device as these tools tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide which will help you upgrade the firmware to the latest yet official ICS 4.0.4 firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi N8010 with ICS 4.0.4 Firmware:
- First up you will have to download the XXALGC 4.0.4 Firmware and Odin Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, open the Odin in your computer and extract the XXALGC Firmware zip package in your device.
- Now, turn off your Galaxy Note N8010 so that it can be then entered in the download mode. The download mode can be entered successfully by holding the volume down button you will have to switch ON the device. Now, select the download mode from the shown option.
- Connect the Galaxy Note N8010 with the help of the USB cable with the computer while the Odin is opened in the computer. Now, once its connected, you will see that ID : COM Section will turn yellow which will indicate that all the drivers have been successfully installed in your computer and you are ready to proceed to the next step.
- In Odin, Click on “PDA” to select “N8010XXALGC_N8010PAPALG5_HOME.tar.md5” and then proceed to click on “Start”. It will take around 3 – 6 minutes for applying the update and once it’s successfully updated the device will be shown with the Language selection settings etc.
- It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying this update and may take longer time than expected for rebooting the device. Just in case if the device gets many force close errors, you will have to turn ON your device in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by holding the volume down button you will have to switch ON the device. Now, select the recovery mode from the shown option and wipe the data along with that also clear the cache from the recovery menu.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So, once the device is restarted you can check on whether the device has been updated or not from the path “Settings > About Device > Build Number” where it will be mentioned as XXALGC ICS 4.0.4 firmware version. Do share with us in the comments section below just in case if you face any issues faced in the process of applying this firmware update. Very soon we will be coming up with many stable custom ROMs in the coming days.