Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone can now be installed with one of the most popular firmwares which is dubbed as Omega Custom ROM firmware which not only ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware, but also it ropes in the latest state of the art features. Though officially, there is still no word on by when there will be an official firmware update of Jellybean 4.2 firmware, till then you can make use of this custom ROM firmware. So, let’s head over to the next step where we have mentioned the list of express pre requisites and then we will be checking out on how to apply this firmware update.
Express Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process. Ensure that your device is not rooted.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
- As this is the custom ROM firmware, you will have to make sure that the device is rooted. To check on whether the device is rooted or not, you need to check the same from the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Just in case if your phone is not rooted, with the help of below mentioned steps you can easily root the device.
So, let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update in your Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Jellybean 4.1 Styled Firmware:
- Download the Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB Cable and then place the zip file in the device.
- Once placed, disconnect the device and download the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store so that you can then enter the device in the recovery mode. Alternatively, you can also enter your phone in the recovery mode with the help of below mentioned manual step mentioned below.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy Note 2 N7100 can be entered manually by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode.
Note: If the device gets stuck in the Samsung logo or gets into the boot loop mode then you need to long press the power button and turn off the device. Repeat the process from the start by following the instructions.
For more on Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Coverage, stay tuned to, http://androidadvices.com/info/samsung/galaxy-note-2/
So there you go, you have now successfully updated your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 device with the latest version of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. Do let us know just in case if you face any issues while you perform the update in the comments section below as we will try our level best to sort out the same.