How to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Jellybean 4.3.1 Android OS – Guide
Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest version of Slim Bean ROM Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean which sets a perfect platform just before the Kit Kat 4.4 update. Before heading to the detailed guide which will help you update the device with this update, you need to follow the list of quick pre requisites which we have summed up below. In coming days, Galaxy Note 2 will be getting Kit Kat 4.4 Android OS which we will be covering up in the coming days.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- It’s recommended to not to use the KIES for taking the backup as it may not help you restore the data. Manual backup will help you restore the data at any point of time.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log -Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Minimum battery life should be 40% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
- As this is the custom ROM firmware, you need to make sure that you have rooted your device. To check on whether your Galaxy Note 2 is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the PLAY Store. If your phone is not rooted, then you need to root the same with the help of below mentioned steps;
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the guide which will help you update the device with the latest version.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 2 with Jellybean 4.3.1 Android OS:
- Download the Jellybean 4.3.1 Firmware Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, place these two zip files in your device by connecting the device to the computer using original USB cable.
- Up next, Turn Off your Galaxy Note 2 so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. The Recovery Mode can be entered by first turning Off the device and then Hold Volume Up + Menu Button and while holding both Keys to Power ON the device till you see the Recovery Mode screen.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD Card” and choose the firmware zip file which you have placed in your device and then select the Google Apps Package.
- Once selected, you need to wait for the same to get updated in your device. It may take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. Once the device is updated, select the option of “Reboot System Now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- To check on whether the device is updated with the firmware or not, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where you will get to see about the firmware version.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to answer all your queries / issues at the earliest.