XXDMA6 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware can now be updated for all the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 devices as this is the newest of the firmware. This firmware comes with Multi Window capability which otherwise was also available, but this firmware comes with a better version of Multi Window along with which it also comes with other bug fixes related to Wi Fi and Bluetooth. This firmware of XXDMA6 is not yet pushed to all the devices across the Globe and also we don’t have any ETA on by when this will be pushed but till the time its pushes, you can apply this firmware update.
Please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article so as to make sure that the whole process of firmware update gets done successfully without any damage. If you follow the article then there is no way that the update process will fail. Also, applying this update won;t void the warranty in any manner.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps, with the help of below mentioned steps you need to back up all the data. Please don’t backup the data with the help of KIES as it may not recognize the device after applying this update.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process. Ensure that your device is not rooted.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy Note N7100 can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. In recovery mode, select “clear cache” and “wipe data / factory reset” so that all the data will get cleared from the device.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
So, once you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can proceed with the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to update Galaxy Note II N7100 with XXDMA6 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download XXDMA6 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the packages to the desktop preferably and Open the Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download mode in Galaxy Note N7100 can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, a Warning message will be shown when you need to press the Volume Up key to continue entering the Download Mode.
- In download mode, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers have been installed.
- Click on “PDA” to select “TAR File” which you got after extracting the firmware file and then click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted automatically indicating that the firmware has been updated successfully.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from beginning.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you come across any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. So, there you go you have now successfully updated your Samsung GALAXY Note 2 N7100 smartphone with the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.