Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Official XXDMB5 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone users can now rejoice as an all new firmware version has arrived which is dubbed as XXDMB5 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware version. Please note that applying this firmware won’t root the device or void the warranty in any manner. This update comes with all the features of Jellybean atop it also fixes all the bugs related to the camera and overheating. So, before we proceed with the detailed instructions on how to apply this firmware update, you need to follow the quick pre requisites below.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t backup the data with the help of KIES or any other tool as it may not detect the device after the update.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Now after creating the backup, turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. The recovery mode in Galaxy Note 2 N7100 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up Key + Menu Button and simultaneously you need to press the Power button to start the device in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “clear cache” and “wipe data / factory reset” option so that all the data in your device is cleared completely.
- Ensure that your phone is left with the minimum of 50% battery life so as to make sure that just the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware update.
*Just in case if you have rooted the device then after applying this XXDMB5 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware update, the root access will get removed. We will come up with the Rooting article for XXDMB5 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware within hours of time from now.
So, assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with XXDMB5 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware:
- Download the XXDMB5 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Extract both of these files and open Odin in your computer and turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the Download Mode.
- Turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download mode in Galaxy Note 2 N7100 can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, a Warning message will be shown when you need to press the Volume Up key to continue entering the Download Mode.
- Assuming that Odin is opened in your computer, connect your device to the computer with the original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the driver are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” tab in odin to select the extracted Tar format file and click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update.
- Don’t disconnect the device from computer till the time it shows the country selector option / the language selection option in your Galaxy Note 2 smartphone. To check on whether the firmware has been updated or not, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will get to see the current firmware version as Jellybean 4.1.2 XXDMB5 Firmware.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from beginning.
So, there it is, you have now successfully applied the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware in your Galaxy Note 2 smartphone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.