Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone can now be installed with the latest version of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware version which is XXDME6. This firmware comes in with many new features which are there in Galaxy S4 smartphone. Though we don’t have the exact list of features or the enhancements which are there in this device, you can apply this update to experience the same. So, before we proceed on to check on what are the steps to apply this update, you will need to follow the list of quick pre requisites which are mentioned below;
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy Note II should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. It’s recommended to not to use the KIES for taking the backup as it may not help you restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log -Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 40% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused due to not following instructions.
Let’s head to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Jellybean 4.1.2 XXDME6 Firmware:
- Download XXDME6 Jellybean 4.1.2 Rooting Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, open Odin in your computer. Extract the rooting package to get the tar file.
- Now, turn Off your Phone so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. The Download Mode can be entered by first turning Off the device and then Hold Volume Down + Menu Button and while holding both Keys to Power ON the device till you see the Green Robot on the screen which is nothing but the Download Mode.
- In Download Mode, connect your phone to computer with original USB cable to see ID: COM section turn Yellow / Blue which indicated that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” to select the rooting file which you got after extracting the rooting package in initial step. Now, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Once the process is done, the phone will be rebooted. Please note that the process of rooting will take around 2 – 4 minutes of time.
- Once you see the home screen in your phone, all you need to do is to just disconnect the device and check whether the firmware is updated successfully or not.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just long press the Power button and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, you have successfully rooted your Galaxy Note 2 with Official Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware of XXDME6. Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.