Omni ROM seems to be the most preferred custom ROM firmware for the devise which haven’t received the Kit Kat 4.4 Officially till now. So, for all those users who wanted to install Kit Kat 4.4 in their Note II N7105 Android device, let’s check out on how you can install this update in your Phablet. After following the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below, let’s head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device manually to Kit Kat 4.4.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Make sure that you have enabled the USB Debugging Mode from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Also, make sure that your Note II N7105 Android phablet device is left with the minimum battery of 40% so as to make sure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update process.
- Just in case if the device is already rooted, with the help of below mentioned steps, you need to back up the data with the help of below steps;
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Since this is the custom ROM firmware, you will have to make sure that your device is rooted. To check on whether your phablet is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from Google PLAY Store.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable in any manner for the damage happened to your Galaxy Note 2 due to not following instructions.
Once you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can then proceed on to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed instructions with which you can root the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7105 with Kit Kat 4.4 Firmware:
- Download Kit Kat 4.4 Android Firmware Package and Google Apps from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer and place the two zip files in your device.
- Turn off your device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- Recovery Mode in Galaxy Note 2 N7105 can be entered by first turning Off the device and then Hold Volume Up + Menu Button and while holding both Keys to Power ON the device till you see the device entering into the recovery mode. Alternatively, you can also enter the device in recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app.
- In recovery mode, clear all the cache and wipe all the data by selecting the corresponding options with the help of Volume Rocker keys and Power button.
- In recovery Mode, select “install zip from SD Card” and choose the firmware zip file which you have placed in your device and then choose the Google Apps Package which you have placed in your device.
- It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update and once its updated, you need to select the option of “go back” and then choose the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: If your Galaxy Note 2 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to answer all your queries / issues at the earliest.