Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7105 LTE Android Phablet finally gets the updated version of Jellybean which is 4.3 XXUEML3 build which comes with enhanced user experience and loads of bug fixes w.r.t to Mobile data and WiFi functionalities. This all new update has been rolled out in phased manner, so for all those who hate to wait can apply this update manually by following simple to follow instructions. Before we proceed on to check on what are the steps with which you can apply the update, you will have to go through the list of quick pre requisites.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- With the help of below mentioned steps, you will have to create the backup. Don’t use KIES to back up the data as it may not help you to restore the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 50% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device. Also, make sure that this firmware is not applied to the Network Locked Devices.
Once you are done with all the above mentioned steps, proceed onto the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device with the latest firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Jellybean 4.3 Android OS:
- Download Jellybean 4.3 Firmware Package and Odin form here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the zip file to a folder on your Desktop preferably.
- Now, turn off your Galaxy Note 2 so that it will now have to be entered in the Download Mode. Download Mode. Galaxy Note 2 can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- If Note 2 enters in the normal mode, then you will have to retry the process of entering the device in the download mode.
- Click on “PDA” tab in the Odin to select the firmware tar file which you got after extracting the firmware package to click on “Start” in Odin.
- Once you click on “Start”, you will now need to wait for the whole process of firmware gets finished. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and once done, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
- Disconnect the device from computer. You can check the current firmware version from the path “Settings > More > About Phone” where you will get to see the current firmware version as Jellybean 4.3 Android Firmware.
Note: If at all your Galaxy Note 2 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply this update in your phone. Do let us know in the comments section or on out Facebook / Google+ Page if you face any issues. Galaxy Note 2 International version will soon be getting the latest Jellybean 4,3 update.