Manual Update Galaxy Note 3 with KitKat 4.4.2 Android Firmware – Guide
Samsung might have just missed on the release of Kit Kat 4.4.2 for your Galaxy Note 3 Android phablet, but not the team of developers at Liquid Smooth ROM as it has come up with one of the stable builds based on KitKat which comes with enhanced functionalities. So, for all those who wanted to taste this all new Kit Kat for your Galaxy note 3 can now easily do the same by following the quick guide which we will be checking out in the due course of this tutorial.
Note: Please note that this is not an Official firmware update of Kit Kat 4.4 released by Samsung but is a custom ROM firmware.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Note 3 device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned manual steps. Make sure that you are not backing the data with the help of KIES as it may not detect the device till this firmware is rolled out in your country.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- For applying this custom ROM firmware, you need to make sure that your Note 3 is rooted. To check whether your Galaxy Note 3 Android phone is rooted or not, you will have to check the same from Root Checker app.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, lets proceed on to check on what are the quick instructions with which you can manually update with this firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 3 with KitKat 4.4.2 Android Firmware:
- Once Downloaded, connect your Galaxy Note 3 with the help of original USB cable and place this zip files in the device. Disconnect the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy Note 3 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. In recovery mode, select options to clear and wipe the data present in your phone.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and then choose the zip file of Liquid Smooth KitKat 4.4.2 Android firmware and then the Google Apps Package which you have placed in your phone.
- Once the firmware is updated, select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now”. The whole process of firmware update will take around 4 -5 minutes and in some cases it may take more time.
- To check on whether the firmware is updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” for checking the same where you will see the current firmware version as KitKat 4.4.2.
Note: If at all your Galaxy Note 3 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the latest KitKat 4.4.2 Android OS in your Galaxy Note 3 which comes with advanced Jellybean features. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update.