Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest Lollipop 5.0 release. It’s no less than a New Year gift for the users as this new update of Lollipop 5.0 almost feels like you are using a new device. With a mixture of Lollipop and Touch wiz interface, the whole experience is re defined with the touch of pure elegance and smoothness. All thanks to the Samsung’s minimum customization and maximum usage of Android 5.0 elements. So let’s check out on how you can install this latest update in your Galaxy Note 3 post following the quick pre requisites with the help of detailed instructions for updating the device.
Note: This Lollipop 5.0 Android release is only applicable for Exynos based Note 3 N900 variant which has the model number as N9005. This is the official release from Samsung but is based on the internal preview release with some tweaks by 3rd party developers for enhanced experience.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Note 3 should be applied with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the Samsung KIES as this update is still not released by Samsung officially.
- For applying this device, you need to have root access in your phone. To check on whether the device is rooted or not, download “Root CHECKER” app from Google PLAY Store. Enable USB Debugging option from Settings in your Note 3. Also, install the latest version of “SuperSU” app from Google PLAY Store.
- Create a backup of PIT file of your phone. Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and enter the below mentioned commands in your device one after another;
adb shell su -c “dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/My-N9005.pit bs=1 skip=17408 count=4244”
adb pull /sdcard/My-N9005.pit
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Assuming that all the above mentioned instructions are completed, let’s proceed to the next step where we have summed up the detailed guide for manually updating the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note 3 with Lollipop 5.0 Android OS:
- Download Odin and Lollipop 5.0 Android Update Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you need to unzip the same to get the files. Place all the files in one folder. Open Odin in your computer.
- Turn off your device so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Galaxy Note 3 can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- Once the device gets into the Download Mode, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow or Blue indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on “PDA” tab in the Odin to select the tar file and other files as shown in the below screen capture which you got after extracting the rooting package to click on “Start” in Odin. Once you have clicked on the same, you need to wait for around 3 -4 minutes for the update process to get completed.
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, device will reboot automatically. The whole process of firmware update will take around 3 -4 minutes and may take longer time in some cases.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just long press the power button and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below.