Like we said earlier, MIUI is one of the best custom ROM firmwares ever and here comes one more update for Galaxy Note which is an all new version of MIUI dubbed as MIUI 4. In the process of this article we will be checking out on what are the list of things which you get in this MIUI build along with the pre requisites which you need to follow so as to update this one. Though this is not a 100% stable firmware, most of the functions work. Please be informed that this is not an Official firmware released by Samsung Electronics and is a custom ROM firmware released by MIUI team. This update is based on the ICS Android 4.0 release. It was the last time when we saw on how to update your device with the Cyanogen Mod 9 update.
- no HDMI
- no tethering
- no FM Workaround: use Spirit FM App
- no sdcard on miui apps or usb connection Workaround: use ICS SD Binder via Aroma Installer
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of applying this rooting process in your device. It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions to the point which are mentioned in this article.
This version of MIUI Custom ROM firmware is the custom ROM firmware and to install this update, you need to ensure that your device is on the rooted firmware. This update should be applied only on the Galaxy Note International edition whose model number is N7000.
Rooting Information: Since rooting will void the warranty, you can revoke the root access by re applying the update of XXLC1 firmware update. The best part is that the warranty too gets restored.
- It’s better to back up all the data present in your Galaxy Note N7000 so as to ensure that just in case if any of the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be easily restored with the help of below mentioned manual steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Before proceeding, you need to ensure that your Galaxy Note N7000 is on the XXLC1 Firmware and also you need to ensure that you have rooted your Galaxy Note N7000 on XXLC1 firmware. You can follow the instructions mentioned in the respective links.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. Minimum battery left should be at least 60% so as to ensure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of rooting process. If the minimum battery level is not maintained, the phone may even get bricked.
- Disable or close all the Security suites installed in your device as it may hamper the process of updating.
Let’s proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to update your Galaxy Note N7000 with MIUI 4 custom ROM firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note with MIUI 4 Custom ROM Firmware:
- Download the MIUI 4 Custom ROM firmware package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you then will have to
- Galaxy Note N7000 can be entered in the recovery mode by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, a Warning message will be shown when you need to press the Volume Down key to continue entering the Recovery Mode.
- In recovery mode, choose all you need to select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition for clearing all the data or else there is a possibility that it may corrupt the existing data which may lead to the force close errors.
- Now, in the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the “MIUI Firmware Package”. Once file is selected, it will take around 3 – 4 minutes for applying this update. It may even take longer time than expected sometimes.
Tip: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or gets into the boot loop sequence, you need to re follow the above steps so as to root the device.
Congratulations you have now successfully applied the latest firmware update of MIUI custom ROM firmware in your Galaxy Note N7000. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.