How to Update Galaxy Note N7000 with Cyanogen Mod 10 Preview Firmware
Procedure to Update Samsung GALAXY Note N7000 with Cyanogen mod 10 Preview:
- Download the Cyanogen mod 10 Preview & Google Apps Package in your computer and then connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable. Place the downloaded zip file in your phone. Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the sub folders.
- Once you have placed the zip files, disconnect the device and turn off the device so that you can then enter your Galaxy Captivate in the recovery mode.
- Galaxy Note N7000 can be entered in the recovery mode by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, a Warning message will be shown when you need to press the Volume Down key to continue entering the Recovery Mode.
- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and select the Cyanogen mod 10 preview zip file which you have placed in your device and then the Google Apps Package. It will take around 6 – 8 minutes for applying this update. After this, you need to select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone in the ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware.
- Now, in recovery mode, select options Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition” to get away from the force close issues. Now, in recovery mode, select “go back” and “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. To check on the firmware has been updated or not, you need to check from the path Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version where you will see that the firmware version as 4.1.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from the start.
So there you go you have now successfully updated your device with the Cyanogen mod 10 Preview. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below.