Procedure to Update Galaxy Note N7000 with Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS Firmware:
- Download the latest version of ICS Cyanogen mod 9 4.0.4 firmware package from here to your computer along with the Google Apps. Up next, you need to connect your phone to the computer.
- Place the two zip files in your device’s internal memory. Ensure that you are not placing the file deep into the sub folders as it won’t be detected in the recovery mode.
- It’s important to Root Galaxy Note before following to apply this custom ROM firmware. Turn Off the device so that it can be then entered in the recovery mode.
- Galaxy Note N7000 can be entered in the recovery mode by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, a Warning message will be shown when you need to press the Volume Down key to continue entering the Recovery Mode.
- In recovery mode, choose to select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition for clearing all the data.
- Now, in the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the “Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware Package” and then select the “Google Apps” package. As soon as the file is selected, it will take around 5 – 7 minutes for applying this update. Please note that it may take longer time than this sometimes.
Tip: Just in case if the device doesn’t get booted up, you need to now re insert the battery and then try re following the procedure from the start.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try to resolve the same at the earliest. Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of ICS 4.0.4 Cyanogen Mod Android update in your device. Since its not a final build, there will be some issues which will be addressed in the coming versions.
Pages: 1 2