Samsung Galaxy NOTE N7000 will soon be receiving an all new ICS Update officially from Samsung Electronics Ltd. very soon after it completed the ICS Roll out for Galaxy S2 smartphone globally which is ongoing. Not to worry as the beta firmware continues to pour in, you are abreast with all the latest beta versions of the firmware for your Note. So, over a period of this article we will be discussing on how you can update with the latest firmware for your Galaxy NOTE N7000 dubbed as Gingerbread 2.3.6 XXLC1. Please be informed that this is not an official firmware released by Samsung Electronics.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Warranty Information: Applying this update will not void the warranty in any manner.
Rooting Information: If the Galaxy Note N7000is already rooted, after applying this update the root access will be revoked and the lost warranty is reclaimed. Just in case if you wish to root the device, we will be very soon coming up with an article to root your phone.
Enhancements in Gingerbread XXLC1:
- Better Battery Life which is marginally tweaked from other older builds,
- Issues with Android Market Place (now Google PLAY) has been addressed,
- Force Close Error in dialer when HD game is opened issue has been solved,
- Camera light can now be used as a Torch Light,
- Network bug has been addressed,
- Sim Card Error message for some of the users too has been addressed,
- Back Light bug has been solved
Essential Pre Requisites:
- We recommend you to back up all the data present in your device with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES to back up the data as it will not support the phone after this update.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the phone should be 80% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. (If you don’t follow this step then the chances are more that your phone may get DEAD for which we should not be responsible).
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. USB Debugging Mode can only be enabled once you disconnect the phone from computer. USB Debugging should be ticked.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up detailed tutorial on how to apply the same.
Pages: 1 2