Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 can now be updated with the most popular version of Rocket ROM firmware which is based on the ICS Based 4.0.4 firmware. This update is not just rich in features but also comes with the most stable feedback. Full credits to the recognized XDA developer eybee1970 for coming up with this firmware. In the due course of this article we will be checking out on how to apply this firmware update but before this we will also be checking out on the detailed feature sets which this firmware comes along.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions carefully mentioned in this article, we should not be held responsible in any manner if your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 doesn’t boot up or gets bricked due to not following the instructions.
Features of Rocket ROM:
- based on official XXLRK Firmware
- Modem XXLRK
- deodexed, zipaligned and rooted by me
- Kernel Notecore 8.1 (thanks gavin)
- added multiple CSC-Files
- fixed CRT-Off Animation
- 4 Way Power Menu included
- Full SIP (VOIP) support
- native Call-Rec
- Dark Theme as known from previous releases (with small changes)
- AppWidgetPicker added
- 15 Toggle-MOD (thx to Criskelo!)
- put in TW-Launcher SGS3 (and according widgets)
- SVoice-App SGS3 (no homebutton lag!)
- Rolle Tube (for downloading vids on youtube)
- modded SMS-App (No contact limit + No MMS convert + Sent time shown instead of received time)
- added no ascending ringtone
- transparent Weather Widget
- services.jar patched for using supercharger scripts (I don’t like them, but some do )
- updated host-file to block ads
- LiveWallpapers Galaxy S3
- Swype included
- Google keyboard included
- Auto BackUp EFS / sdcard / efs.autobackup.img
- added Playstation Certification
- added BEATS Audio (thx Awesome!)
- JB wallpapers included
Express Pre Requisites:
- With the help of below mentioned steps you need to back up all the data present in your device so as to ensure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES PC Suite for backing up the data as it doesn’t recognize the custom ROM firmwares.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Download Drivers for Galaxy Note from here. 32 bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows. Minimum battery charge left in the phone should be at least 50% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” after which turn off your phone so as to enter the phone in the recovery mode.
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned above, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Pages: 1 2