Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 users no more will have to be dejected as with the arrival of galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone, all developers will be soon shifting focus for developing the custom ROM firmwares for the same. So, on the similar lines we will be checking out today on how you can install the latest AOKP 4 version of firmware. Unfortunately, there is no ETA on by when there will be an Official Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update but all thanks to the AOKP team for coming out with this latest AOKP built of firmware.
We have summed up a detailed list of new features which this custom ROM firmware comes along with. This firmware update can only be applied on the rooted Galaxy Note N7000 devices and should be International model. This update should not be applied on the network locked or contract devices. We will very soon be coming out with many more custom ROM firmwares based on the Jellybean and ICS 4.0 builds.
- Custom NavBar Ring on tablets
- Force dual panel view on any device
- Flip or shake your device to snooze/dismiss the alarm (check alarm settings)
- Take screenshot from NavBar
- Enabled USB mass storage emulation for certain devices (i9*)
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
All the data present in your phone should be backed up preferably manually with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES to back up the data as KIES doesn’t recognize the device in the custom ROM firmwares.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Once you have created the backup of all the files, move the same to the computer by connecting your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable. From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone. Also, ensure that the minimum battery charge is not less than 30%.
Once you follow all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next page where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy NOTE N7000 with AOKP 4 Firmware Version:
- Download the Root Checker app from the Google PLAY Store and check whether the device is rooted or not. If the device is not rooted, then with the help of below steps, you will have to root the same for which we will soon be coming out with an article.
- Now, up next download the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store. Ensure that you are not creating the backup with the help of ROM Manager as it may brick the device completely.
- Download the AOKP Firmware package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your Galaxy Note to computer with the help of original USB cable and place the downloaded zip file in your phone.
- Disconnect the phone, turn off your Galaxy Note N7000 and hold the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button) and while holding these both keys, press the Power button for turning the device ON in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Also, select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are on the custom ROM firmware.
- Up next, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the AOKP 4 Custom ROM firmware Package & Google Apps package which you have placed in your Galaxy S2.
- It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying this update. Once the device is updated, the device will land up in the recovery mode screen. Select “Go Back” and select “Reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the latest firmware of AOKP build in your Galaxy Note N7000 smartphone. Do let us know in the comments section below just in case if you face any issues.