How to Update Galaxy Note N7000 Liquid Smooth RC3 Custom ROM Firmware
Liquid Smooth RC3 custom ROM firmware has arrived for a bunch of devices and you no longer will have to wait to load the same in your device as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can install the same. This custom ROM firmware is a big plus when compared to the dry stock ROM which is released by Samsung which lacks customized user interface, add-on applications and much more. This Liquid Smooth RC3 custom ROM firmware is based on the EXT4 format and is uber fast compared to the stock firmware. For your convenience, we have also summed up a detailed guide on how this firmware looks like in your Galaxy Note N7000. It was just yesterday on we saw on how you can update with the latest AOKP 4 version of firmware.
Please note that this can only be applied on the rooted Galaxy Note N7000 devices International version. Navigate to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy Note N7000. All the antivirus tools should be turned off as these tools tend to interrupt the process of firmware update and also make sure that battery level is 40% plus.
To check on whether your device is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. Please note that this is not an Official firmware rolled out by Samsung and is a custom ROM firmware released by XDA Recognized Developer toxicthunder.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
There is a risk of data getting wiped off, so it’s highly recommended to create a backup of all the data present in your Galaxy Note with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Features of Liquid Smooth RC3 custom ROM firmware:
- Lockscreen text color, layouts etc, 5-8 Options
- Color & Alignment (Clock)
- Custom Navbar Targets (Up to 7)
- Custom Navbar Ring Targets (Up to 5)
- Customizable Colors throughout the Rom
- Liquid Launcher (Custom with extra options)
- Liquid Splasher (New Liquid Settings)
- Theme Chooser
- Framework optimizations to enhance performance
- Ultra Slim Size: Deodexed, Debloated, Zip-Aligned and Opti-png
- Startup script control (sysctl, cron, zipalign etc)
- Forced Tablet Mode with DPI Changer
- Status Bar Mods – Battery, Clock, Provider Name Changer and more…
- Toggles (Both AOKP/CM style)
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply with this custom ROM firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy NOTE N7000 with Liquid Smooth RC3 custom ROM firmware:
- Download cyanogen mod 10 firmware in your Galaxy Note by following the mentioned instructions and download the Liquid Smooth RC3 custom ROM firmware along with the Google Apps Package from here to your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy Note to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the two files in your device and disconnect the same to turn off your Galaxy Note.
- Hold the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button) and while holding these both keys, press the Power button for turning the device ON in the recovery mode in your Galaxy Note.
- In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Also, select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are on the custom ROM firmware.
- Up next, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Liquid Smooth RC3 custom ROM firmware Package & Google Apps package which you have placed in your Galaxy Note.
- It will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update. As soon as the update is applied successfully, the device will be rebooting automatically. Please note that it may take longer time than expected for rebooting the device.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of Liquid Smooth RC3 custom ROM firmware in your Galaxy Note. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.