After XXLRK firmware update, it’s time for XXLRQ ICS 4.0.4 for Galaxy NOTE N7000 which comes with advanced features and stable Modem. This latest update fixes all the issues related to frequent Wi Fi disconnections and also issues related to frequent “No Network” issues. This all new firmware version ropes in the goodness of gallery which was there for the TIZEN OS. This update has been officially rolled out for the users of Germany and in the coming days, the same will be pushed to other countries. As of now this update can only be applied to the N7000 International version of Galaxy Note, but in the coming days it will be extended to other operator devices as well.
The best part of this update is that it’s an official firmware update released by Samsung and not the custom ROM firmware and can be applied to all the devices which have the model number as N7000. This update should not be applied on the network locked devices as it will then brick the device for which we should not be held responsible.
Features of XXLRQ ICS 4.0.4 for Galaxy NOTE N7000:
– new launcher (like the Galaxy S3)
– new gallery with fancy 3D effects
– new contact list
– pop-up video can now be resized
– slightly changed contact list layout
– you can now save contacts in the S-Clound (like google contacts)
– performance improved!
– added S-Cloud (there is no dedicated App but after flashing you will be asked if you want to sycn all your settings with samsung)
– added new motion: call contact currently displayed if you raise the phone
– added bloatware (NTV, Lieferheld, ChatOn, myTaxi)
– black clipping not fixed
Before proceeding to apply this update, backup all the data present in your phone so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below steps,
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Download Drivers for Galaxy Note from here. 32 bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows. Minimum battery charge left in the phone should be at least 50% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 which is a very unlikely event if you follow the instructions carefully.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have briefed the instructions on how to apply this latest update in your Galaxy Note.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note N7000 with XXLR1 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware:
- Download the XXLR1 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once both these packages are downloaded, extract in your computer with the help of WinRAR or WinZip to get the tar file named “N7000XXLRQ_N7000DBTLRQ_N7000XXLRK_HOME.tar.md5” and Odin Executable file.
- Open Odin tool in your computer and turn Off your phone so that it can be then entered in the download mode. The download mode in Galaxy Note can be entered by pressing Volume Down Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Now, a Warning message will be shown when you need to press the Volume Up key to continue entering the Download Mode.
- Click on “PDA” to select “N7000XXLRQ_N7000DBTLRQ_N7000XXLRK_HOME.tar.md5” and then click on Start to start the process of firmware update for updating the firmware. The process of firmware update will take around 4 – 5minutes. Once it’s done, the device will be rebooting on its own, you can see the progress bar which will indicate the progress of firmware update.
- Disconnect the device and follow the on screen instructions so as to use the device in the normal mode. Just in case if you are getting force close errors, turn off the device and enter the device in the recovery mode. In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung device refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from beginning.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues or need any further assistance. You can check that whether the firmware update is updated or not from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the firmware update will be shown as ICS 4.0.4 version.