Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (SM-P901) can now be updated with the latest version of XXUANC4 firmware which ropes in the latest Kitkat 4.4.2 firmware. This firmware was earlier launched as an OTA update and can be applied to all international versions as well. Just in case if you have rooted the device and installed the beta custom ROM firmware versions can make use of this firmware to restore back the lost warranty due to rooting the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. So after checking out the quick list of pre requisites mentioned below, let’s head over to the detailed guide which will help you update the device manually.
Note: Please note that applying this update manually won’t root the device in any manner as this is the official update released by Samsung and not the custom ROM firmware.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (3G) SM-P901 needs to be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. You need to back up all the data manually with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Head over to the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” in your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (3G) SM-P901 so as to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Make sure that the device is left with the minimum of 50% battery life to avoid device getting turned off in the middle of update process.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible in any manner for any damage happened to your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 due to not following the instructions mentioned in the article.
Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, let’s head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed steps which will help you update the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 with Kitkat 4.4.2 Firmware:
- Download the Kitkat 4.4.2 Firmware package (Mirror Link) from here to your computer along with the Odin. Once downloaded, extract both the packages and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note Pro and after 5 seconds or when your device gives a small vibration which indicated that the device is turned Off completely. Now, hold the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button) and while holding these both buttons, switch ON your device to see the Green Robot on the screen.
- Connect your device in Download mode to computer with the help of original USB cable. In Odin, the ID:COM section will turn yellow/ green indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully. If the drivers are not installed, you need to re install the same from official Samsung’s website.
- Once done, click on “AP” to choose the Firmware file which you got after extracting and click on “Start” to start the process of updating. It will take around a minute for updating the device. In some cases it may take even longer time than expected.
Note: Just in case if your Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (3G) SM-P901 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully installed the latest update of Kitkat 4.4.2 in your tablet which can be checked from the path “Settings > More > About Tablet”. In coming days, we will also be checking out on what are the custom ROM firmwares based on Kitkat 4.4.2. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you come across any issue.