Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 users have one more custom ROM firmware to flash with so as to get the ICS like experience as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how one can easily update with the latest ICS 4.0.4 firmware which is developed by Team Inferno and Cyanogen mod team. Over a period of time Cyanogen Mod 9 has provided awesome custom ROM firmwares which rope in the awesome ICS 4.0 experience. Please note that this is the custom ROM firmware and not the stock firmware released by Samsung Electronics. This firmware is dubbed as Brightside evolution.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
This update comes with many visual treats as it also boasts the tablet UI mode which was earlier spotted in the Parandroid Custom ROM firmware series. So, let’s proceed and check out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow before you apply this custom ROM firmware along with the detailed guide in the next page. Please be informed that this update can only be applied to the Galaxy S GT I9000 devices. Since this is still in building stages, there may be some minor bugs. Just in case if you find any, do let us know in the comments section or to the developer directly.
Features, Change Log & Images of Brightside evolution Custom ROM:
- Based on Official CM9 for the GT-I9000
- Full tablet UI experience
- Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Great support
- Working Phone.apk
- New Combine bar: Saves a ton of space
- New Camera UI
- Two column Settings
- Zip aligned
- ROM Name changed
- Added in custom wallpaper
- Added Inferno Browser.apk (Thanks mxbrowser)
- Added Titanium Backup.apk
- Added ES File Explorer.apk
- Other minor changes
Images of Bright side evolution Custom ROM:
Note: Before proceeding to apply this update, you need to ensure that your Galaxy S GT I9000 is on the XXJW4 Rooted firmware. Just in case if you haven’t updated or on the rooted the firmware, then you will have to update and root the same with the help of below mentioned steps. (You can also update this custom ROM firmware on any of the rooted firmware.)
- All the data present in your phone should be backed up so as to ensure that all the data present in your device is safeguarded. We recommend you to back up the data manually using the below mentioned steps as the data will have to be wiped so as to get rid of force close errors.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy S from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
So let’s proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update.
Pages: 1 2