For all those who are having Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001 can now easily update with the latest version of Cyanogen Mod 9 based IMM76I build firmware which ropes in the latest 4.0.4 firmware. Please be informed that this is not the official firmware which is released by Samsung Electronics and also there is no ETA on by when there will be an official update. Over a period of this article, we will be checking out on what are the things which work in this firmware and also we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow.
Disclaimer: Neither AndroidAdvices, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
As per the developer, this version of firmware is quite stable and also there might be few bugs which will be fixed in the coming patch updates. Once these patch updates are released, we will be coming out with the same.
- Receiving and making calls
- Proximity sensor
- USB mass storage
- HW accelerated gui
- HW accelerated video
- FM radio
- USB tethering
Screen Captures of ICS 4.0.4 Custom ROM in Galaxy S PLUS I9001:
- All the data in your device should be backed up as in the process of applying this update, all the data in your device will be completely wiped off. Don’t use KIES to back up the data or else all the data will be wiped off completely.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update. You should have the admin rights in your PC along with the active USB ports with full read / write access.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 70% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy S GT I9000 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed article on how to apply this firmware update in your device.