Procedure to Update Galaxy S PLUS I9001 with Value Pack Gingerbread XXKQB 2.3.6 Firmware:
- Download the Value Pack Gingerbread 2.3.6 Package from here to your computer and once you download the same, extract in your computer. Once the file is extracted, you shall see the extracted files as shown in the below screen capture.
- From the extracted files, open the Odin in your computer and turn Off your device so that you can then enter the device in the Download Mode.
- Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Connect your phone to the computer, after which the ID : COM section will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed.
Note: if the ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
• Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
• Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “PDA” to select the file “I9001XXKQB_I9001OXXKP8_I9001XXKPL_HOME.tar.md5” which you can find in the extracted zip file.
- The Galaxy S PLUS I9001 can be entered into recovery mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys. Once it’s done, you then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device. This will ensure that no force close errors are occurred after successful rooting.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
Congrats! You have now successfully updated your Galaxy PLUS I9001 with the latest firmware of Value Pack XXKQB 2.3.6 Firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if there are any issues as we will try to address the same at the earliest.