If you are having Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT I9001 smartphone, then you can now easily update with the latest Value pack Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware update. In the due course of this article, we will be checking out on what are the list of pre requisites you need to follow along with the detailed procedure on how to apply this update. Please note that it’s not a custom ROM firmware and this update is released in select countries. Since it’s a global update, it can be applied on all the devices which are not network locked devices. This update ropes in many new features which we have summed up below. This 2.3.6 Gingerbread update is dubbed as XXKQG Update. It was the last time when we saw on how you can update your Galaxy S Plus with XXKQB version of Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware.
This Value Pack update will gradually be rolled out around the Globe, there is no exact date on by when this update will be rolled out to all the devices. Since this update is not yet available via KIES for all the users, one can manually apply this update by following instructions. This update should not be applied on the I9000 devices and any other devices other than unlocked I9001 devices. Additionally, this update should not be applied on the locked I9001 devices or else it may even brick the device.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Features & highlights of Gingerbread 2.3.6 XXKQG Firmware:
- ICS Lock screen & Photo Editor Tools,
- Improved Stability & Performance,
- Face Unlock Feature is pre-installed,
- Take photos while recording video,
- Force Close issues while playing HD games is now addressed,
- Higher RAM Memory allocation to user,
- Better Battery Backup
- Please be informed that in the process of applying this update, the data in the device may get corrupted or wiped off. So, we recommend you to back up the data so that the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your SAMSUNG Galaxy S Plus GT I9001 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.