Procedure to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Value Pack 2.3.6 Firmware:
- Download XXKQG Firmware Package from here along with Odin. Extract the firmware zip file to get two files, I9001XXKQG_I9001XXKPL_I9001NEELE1_HOME.tar.md5 & SS_DL.dll which is just a supporting file.
- Open Odin in your computer and Turn Off the phone so that Galaxy S can be turned ON in the Download Mode.
- Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered. Up next, connect Galaxy S Plus GT I9001 to the computer using the USB cable which you got at the time of purchase.
Note: If the ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
- Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “PDA” tab and select the file “I9001XXKQG_I9001XXKPL_I9001NEELE1_HOME.tar.md5” which you can find from extracted files and click on “Start”. It will take around 4 – 5 minutes to update the device. Once the device is updated successfully, it will be rebooted and home screen will be shown. Now, disconnect the phone from computer.
For Users Facing Force Close Issues:
- Turn Off the phone to enter the device in the recovery mode. Recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys. Once it’s done, you then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if there are any issues faced in the process of rooting. Congratulations, you have now successfully updated your Galaxy S with latest XXKQG 2.3.6 Firmware.