How to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Bezke UltraIcs 4.0 ICS Custom Firmware
Are you unhappy with the recent ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware released by Samsung Electronics on the name of ICS? Then you will be pleased to hear that you can now apply an all new ICS Android 4.0.3 XXLPQ based custom ROM firmware which is now out and comes with a bunch of extra features and an excitingly refreshing look. Not to worry as in the due course of this article we will guide you with all necessary things. In the process of applying this custom ROM firmware, you will need to root the device which will void the warranty, not to worry as we will also tell you on how to get back the lost warranty. This all new custom ROM firmware is known as Bezke UltraIcs 4.0 which is being developed by the developer named “Bezke”. This is not an official firmware released by SAMSUNG Electronics Ltd.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
- Before proceeding, it’s very important that you are on the rooted firmware of XXLPQ, if you are not on this ICS release then you can update and root the same from the below mentioned links.
- You need to enable the USB Debugging in Galaxy S2 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- All the data present in your phone should be backed up as in the process of applying this update, the data might get either lost or corrupted. With the help of below mentioned steps you can easily backup the same. After updating with this release, the KIES won’t recognize the device as it’s a custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Irrespective of the current firmware you are ON, you need to ensure that you have rooted the same as this firmware can only be applied on the rooted firmwares.
So, assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions you can now proceed to the next page where detailed instructions on how to update with the Bezke UltraIcs 4.0 custom firmware release is summed up.