Ever wanted to transform your Samsung Galaxy S2 smartphone into a Pure ICS 4.0 looking ROM look alike which is in the Galaxy Nexus, then we are here to help you install the same. So, in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily install this Ice Cream Sandwich firmware version which ropes in the goodness of IMM76I and ICS 4.0.4 firmware version. Please note that we saw just few days back on how you can install the latest ICS 4.0.4 Official firmware in your Galaxy S2 but unfortunately there were no visual changes what so ever when compared to the earlier ICS builds released by Samsung.
Very soon we will be coming up with the alpha releases of Jellybean 4.1 for Galaxy S2. Not just the looks of Galaxy nexus but also its more stable than ever for which we would like to bid thanks to the developer Faryaab from XDA. For your convenience, we have also mentioned the screen captures on how this firmware will look like in your Galaxy S2 below.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions carefully mentioned in this article, we should not be held responsible in any manner if your device doesn’t boot up or gets bricked due to not following the instructions.
- Fully De odexed
- Android ICS 4.0.4 (IMM76I – Android-4.0.4_r1.2)
- Latest CM Source Compiled Kernel
- All ICS Features and Apps (Nothing excluded from AOSP)
- Zip aligned APKs
- Rooted (Super user)
- Busy Box Installed
- No 3rd Party App
- ZERO Bloat ware
- Official ICS Boot animation (From Official Nexus S 4.0.4 Firmware)
- Extended Power Menu (Reboot, Recovery & Download)
- Galaxy S II Settings In The Launcher (Device Settings)
- Tweaked Scrolling Cache (Smooth Scrolling)
- Huge APN & SPN List (Thanks To CM)
- Patched Settings with F1 Version
- EXT4 File System Optimizations
- SD-Card read ahead Tweak
- Init.d Support
- Fully Working Mass Storage
- T9 Dialer Functionality
- Landscape Dialer Support
- Notification Toggles (Press and hold the settings icon in the notification bar to reveal them)
- 180 degree rotation enabled
- Both MTP/UMS Support (Settings>Storage>Press Menu>USB Computer Connection)
- Video Recording in MP4 with higher bitrate and Stereo Audio Recording
- Storage Option In Camera (Internal SD Card, External SD Card & USB Storage)
Over a period of this article, we will be checking out on what are the express pre requisites to be followed and then followed by which in the next page we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Video Tutorial for this Update :