Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 with XWLP8 ICS 4.0.3 Firmware:
- Download the XWLP8 firmware zip package and Odin3 v1.83 from here to your computer. Once downloaded the firmware, extract the same so as to get the tar file. Open the Odin in your computer and turn off the phone so that it can be then entered in the Download Mode.
- Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Connect your Phone to the computer with the Original USB cable and then you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully updated.
Note: if the ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
- Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “PDA” and then select “GT-I9100_XEO_I9100XWLP8_I9100OXALPS_I9100XXLPS.tar.md5”. After this, all you need to do is to just click on “Start” to start the firmware update.
- As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the phone will boot up and will show the home screen. Now disconnect the device and turn Off the phone so that it can be then entered in the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a recovery list will be shown indicating the recovery Mode has been entered.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of XWLP8 in your SAMSUNG Galaxy S2. Do let us know just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.
Pages: 1 2