Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 smartphone users can now make the most of their smartphone as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can install the latest version of Liquid Smooth Custom ROM firmware which ropes in the magic of Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware. The best part of this is that it comes with the added additives of Jellybean 4.2.2 experience. So, before we proceed on to check on what are the instructions to apply this update, follow the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below;
Note: Though applying this firmware update will void the Warranty, you can at any point of time revert back to the factory firmware of whose the link is mentioned below;
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the Samsung KIES as your device may not detect with the KIES after applying this update as till now this update might not have arrived for your Country.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 30% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update. Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your phone.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
- As this is the custom ROM firmware, you need to make sure that you have rooted your device. To check on whether your Galaxy S2 is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the PLAY Store. If your phone is not rooted, then you need to root the same with the help of below mentioned steps;
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can proceed on to next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Jellybean 4.2.2 Liquid Smooth Custom ROM firmware:
- Download the Liquid Smooth Custom ROM Firmware Package from here in your computer.
- Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then place the downloaded file in your device. Disconnect the device once the files are copied.
- Turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the download mode. Recovery mode in Galaxy S2 GT I9100 can be entered by pressing Volume Up Key, Centre button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which you will get to see a green robot indicating that the device has entered in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from SD Card” and choose the firmware zip file which you have placed in your device.
- Once selected, you need to wait for the same to get updated in your device. It may take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. Once the device is updated, select the option of “Reboot System Now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- To check on whether the device is updated with the firmware or not, you need to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where you will get to see about the firmware version.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update as we will try our level best to answer all your queries / issues at the earliest.