Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with Official Jellybean 4.1.2 XWLS8 Firmware
It’s Official, Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware for Samsung Galaxy S II smartphone is here and in the due course of this article we will be checking out the same. This all new firmware from Samsung is dubbed as XWLS8 build. There was an earlier version of XXLSJ build of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware but unfortunately there were some flaws which have been partially addressed in this XWLS8 build of firmware. This new Jellybean comes with many new features which we have jotted down below. Please be informed that this is the Official firmware rolled out by Samsung in some select countries. As of now there is no ETA on by when this will be rolled out all across the Globe.
Improvements of Jellybean XWLS8 Build:
– Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
– Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
– TouchWiz Nature UX
– Samsung’s S Cloud services
– Improved Camera features
– New Lock screen with Many Customization Options
– New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
– New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
– 2 Home screen modes
– New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
– Google Now
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets wiped off or gets corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t create a backup of data with the help of KIES or ROM Manager as you may not be able to restore the data again.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 30% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update. Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your phone.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed tutorial on how you can apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S II with Official Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Update:
- Download the Complete Official Jellybean 4.1.2 Package & Odin from here to your computer to extract the same. Once extracted, open odin in your computer and turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the download mode.
- Download mode in Galaxy S II GT I9100 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Open Odin in your computer. Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM Section will turn Yellow. Just in case if the odin refuses to turn Yellow, you will then have to install the required drivers by removing unknown drivers in USB section and reboot the system once. Preferably you can install the Samsung KIES to get rid of this issue from Samsung.com/KIES.
- Now, open Odin in your computer and then click on “PDA” to select “” and then click on “start” to start the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware is updated, the device will be rebooting and then once you see the home screen, you can remove the connected USB and follow the on screen instructions.
- To check on whether the firmware has been successfully updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware will be mentioned as Jellybean 4.1.2 XWLS8. Very soon we will be coming out with an article which will help you root the device.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
So, there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how to apply the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware dubbed as XWLS8 in your Galaxy S II I9100 smartphone. Do keep us posted in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try to address the same as soon as possible.