Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 with XXLPS Firmware:
- From the pre requisites mentioned in the last page, you need to download the firmware package. Once downloaded, extract the same in your computer and then turn Off your phone so that it can then be entered into the download mode.
- Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Connect your Phone to the computer with the Original USB cable and then you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully updated.
Note: if the ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
- Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Next up, click on “PDA” and then select “I9100XXLPS_I9100OXALPS_I9100XXLPS_HOME.tar.md5”. After this, all you need to do is to just click on “Start” to start the firmware update.
- Once the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be restarted and then once you see the home screen remove the connected USB cable and turn Off the device so that it can then be entered in the recovery mode.
- The Galaxy S2 I9100 can be entered into recovery mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys. Once it’s done, you then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
So Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of XXLPS in your Samsung Galaxy S2. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if there are any issues.