Samsung Galaxy S2 android smartphone will now live a new life with the arrival of Paranoid Android custom ROM firmware which comes with the much needed flat colors and material design inspiration. Though the base android version comes with the KitKat 4.4.4 Android OS, this version of OS comes with the AOSP goodness along with the beautiful UI which will try to make up for the missing Lollipop update for your Galaxy S2. So after checking out the quick list of pre requisites, we will be checking out in detail on what are the list of instructions with which you can apply this firmware update.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Make sure that your device has 50% battery life and enable USB Debugging Mode which can be enabled from the Settings.
- Backup all necessary data like SMS, Call Log, Internet Settings etc. using necessary apps and then transfer the same to your computer so that the same can be restored once the firmware is updated.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Install necessary drivers in your computer so that the files can be copied for updating your device.
- Download the “Root Checker” app from Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not. Just in case if your device is not rooted then you can’t apply this firmware update. Let us know in the comments section below so that we can help you in getting your device rooted.
Let’s proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed instructions which will help you update the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 android smartphone with Flat UI Update:
- Make sure that you have installed the CWM recovery of 22.214.171.124 and above in your device.
- Up next you need to download the Parandroid Firmware Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, you now need to place the same in your device.
- Disconnect your device and turn off your device so that the device can be entered in the recovery mode. Recovery mode in Galaxy S2 can be entered by turning Off the device first and then press the Volume Up + Menu button to start the device in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, all you need to do is to just select the option of “install zip from sd card” and choose the firmware zip file which you have earlier placed in the device of Parandroid.
- Once the firmware is applied successfully, you need to select “go back” and choose “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: If your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 fails to turn ON or gets into the boot loop mode, then you need to re insert the battery and re-follow the above mentioned instructions.
So do let us know just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update in the comments section below.