Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 Android smartphone can now be installed with the Android 5.0 Lollipop OS. Yes, you have read this one right! Unfortunately, Samsung won’t be releasing any further updates to the device and now the only option left to install the future updates is the custom ROMs. Cyanogen Mod is one such promising custom ROM maker which are not just stable but also comes with the lot of variations which ensures that you are never bored of your android device. This new Android 5.0 firmware comes with an all new UI clubbed with the completely re-designed experience. This is the Stock version and the Touch wiz interface is not there in this OS.
So after checking out on what are the list of quick pre requisites you need to follow, we will be checking out the detailed guide which will help you update the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy S2 should be backed up manually and not with the Samsung KIES or any desktop apps as it might not help you restore the data.
- For applying this device, you need to have root access in your phone. To check on whether the device is rooted or not, download “Root Checker” app from Google PLAY Store.
- Enable USB Debugging option from Settings > Developer Options in your Galaxy S2 device. Also, install the latest version of “SuperSU” app from Google PLAY Store.
- Minimum battery left in your device should be at least 50%.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s get started with the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide for updating your device with this firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 with Lollipop 5.0 Android OS:
- Connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable to place the 2 downloaded files in your device.
- Disconnect the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S2 can be entered by turning Off the device first and then press the Volume Up + Menu button to start the device in the recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, all you need to do is to just select the option of “install zip from sd card” and choose the Lollipop 5.0 Android Firmware package and then the Google Apps Package which you have earlier placed in your phone. Once the firmware is applied successfully, you need to select “go back” and choose “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode. Please note that it will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just long press the power button and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the comments section below.