When other smartphones are getting the latest jellybean 4.2.2 firmware, then why should your phone when its Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100G should leave behind? So, let’s check out on how you can upgrade your device’s firmware with one of the best Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware. Before we proceed, we would like to mention that you should always follow the list of pre requisites which we have summed up below. This Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware is brought to you by the Slim Bean ROM and we thank developers for building one of the most stable firmware versions. The best part is that this firmware update comes with all the stock apps of Jellybean 4.2.2 and also supports all the apps which are based on Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware.
Note: Though applying this firmware update will void the Warranty, you can at any point of time revert back to the
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Galaxy S2 I9100G should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t backup the data with the help of KIES or ROM Manager as it’s the custom ROM firmware.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” enable the SUB Debugging Mode. Minimum charge left in your phone is 30% or else there is a risk of device getting turned off in the middle of firmware update increases which may even brick your Galaxy S3.
- Since this is a custom ROM firmware, you need to make sure that your phone is rooted which can be checked from the “Root Checker” app. Just in case if your device is not rooted, you can root the same with the help of below mentioned steps,
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions carefully mentioned in this article, we should not be held responsible in any manner if your Samsung GALAXY S2 GT I9100G doesn’t boot up or gets bricked due to not following the instructions.
After rooting, head over to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to update with this Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S2 GT I9100G with Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and then place the firmware package along with the Google Apps Package in your device.
- Now, disconnect the device from computer and turn Off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered either with the help of “ROM Manager” app or manually with the help of below mentioned step.
- Recovery mode can also be entered manually in your Galaxy I9100G by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device. If the device boots up in the normal mode, you will need to retry the process.
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” and then choose the zip file of Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware package which you have placed in your phone. The process of firmware update will take around 4 -5 minutes and in some cases it may even take longer time than expected.
- Now, once the firmware is updated, select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now”. To check on whether the firmware is updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” for checking the same.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
So, there you go, you have now successfully learnt on how you can update your Galaxy S2 GT I9100G with Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware update. Do let us know if you come across with any issues in the process of firmware update.