Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 Android smartphone can now be updated with the latest version of Kitkat 4.4.2 Android firmware. This Neat ROM firmware comes with the state of the art features and ropes in the latest version of all the bug fixes. For your convenience we have also mentioned the detailed list of new features. After checking out on what are the quick pre requisites mentioned below, we will also check out a detailed procedure which will help you update the device.
- AOSP Neat ROM for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 (dated 23-01-2014)
- Firmware: I9100 AOSP Neat ROM v2.4.1 (4.4.2)
- Compiled from the latest Slim Kat repos
- The Real Dark Slim
- Notification drawer Shortcuts
- Full hardware key rebinding
- Keyboard rotation
- Nova Launcher
- Darker Camera – colour filter options, gps indicator, picture quality, smart capture, shutter sound…
- Darker Gallery
- Phase beam LiveWallpaper
- Wifi country code
- Media scanner behavior on boot
- Volume key cursor control
- Show permanent enter key on keyboard
- IME selector notification
- Auto keyboard rotation feature
- System wide blacklist support for calls and sms/mms
- Pattern size customizing
- Lock before unlock the new
Quick Pre Requisites:
- It’s highly recommended that you should backup all the data in your Galaxy S2 with the help of below mentioned steps so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored easily.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging in your device. Minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Since this firmware is the custom ROM firmware, make sure that your device is rooted. You can check on whether the device is rooted or not with the help of “Root Checker” app. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you can root your Galaxy S2 with the help of below mentioned steps.
- After rooting, download the “ROM Manager” app from Google PLAY Store and install the custom recovery image in your device.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible / liable in any manner for the damage happened to your Galaxy S2 due to not following instructions.
Lets head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide which will help you update the device with the latest firmware of Kitkat 4.4.2.
Procedure to Manual Update Galaxy S2 I9100 Android Phone with Jellybean 4.4.2 Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.4.2 Android Firmware Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to computer with the help of original USB cable and place these two zip files in your device.
- Press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up buttons to enter the device in the Download Mode. If your Galaxy S2 i9100 enters in the Normal mode, then you need to re try the process of entering the device in the Recovery Mode. You can also enter the device in the recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app.
- In recovery mode, select options to clear and wipe the data present in your phone by selecting the options like “Clear Data” and “Wipe Cache”.
- Once done, you now need to select the option of “install zip from sd card” and then select the firmware zip file which you have placed in the device. It will take around 4 -5 minutes to apply both the zip files in your device.
- Once done, select “go back” and choose the option of “reboot in normal mode” for rebooting the device normally. Please note that it may sometime take more than 4 -5 minutes for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
- To check on whether the firmware is update or not, you need to head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware will be mentioned as Kitkat 4.4.2 firmware.
Note: If at all your Galaxy S2 I9100 smartphone gets in the boot loop mode, then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of firmware update. You have now successfully updated the latest version of Jellybean 4.3 Android firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 Android smartphone.
We will very soon be coming up with custom ROM firmwares which are based on the KitKat 4.4.2 Android firmware.