How to Update Galaxy S2 with Official Android ICS 4.0.3 XXLPQ Firmware
Generally European builds are said to be far more stable and for all Samsung Galaxy S2 users can now rejoice as finally SAMSUNG Started rolling out the ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware which is dubbed as XXLPQ. For all those who are eagerly waiting to update an official version of ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware, this one will be the best one of the lot as its not only the official one but also is the most stable ROM firmware of ICS. In the due course of this article, we will check out not just the detailed tutorial on how to apply this update but also we will check out what are pre requisites you need to follow so as to facilitate smoother and safer update. For Korean USERS: We will very soon be coming up with an article which will help you to update with the official version of firmware for your region. So stay tuned to androidadvices. Rooting Information:
- Just in case if your device is rooted, after applying this firmware the rooting access will be revoked.
- Applying this firmware doesn’t require your Galaxy S2 to be pre rooted, even the non-rooted phones can be applied with this firmware.
- Very soon, immediately after this article we will be coming up with an article which will help you to root your Galaxy S2 on XXLPQ firmware.
Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
- Data like SMS, Contacts, APN Settings and Call Log is very important and in the process of firmware update, the data may get corrupted or may even et erased. So it’s highly important that you backup all the data using the below mentioned data
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”, Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application, Call Log - Call Log and Restore Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card, APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Minimum battery left in the device should be 60% so as to avoid device from getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update. Also, you need to ensure that all the antivirus suites in your phone and PC are completely disabled.
- Enable the USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture. (Phone should be disconnected from computer while enabling the USB Debugging Mode).
Let’s proceed to the next page where we have summed up a detailed article on how to update Galaxy S2 with Official ICS XXLPQ 4.0.3 Firmware.