An all new version of Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware for Galaxy S2 GT I9100 is out and is dubbed as UHMS9. So, let’s check out on how you can apply this firmware in your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 smartphone. Please be informed that this firmware can only be applied on the i9100 variant of Galaxy S2 and not on the I9100G model as it may even brick your device. Also, you need to make sure that your device is not a NETWORK LOCKED device. The detailed changelog of UHMS9 is mentioned below;
Note: This update is strictly for TELCEL Network Locked Phones and not for Unlocked Devices.
- TouchWiz Nature UX,
- Samsung’s S Cloud services,
- New lockscreen with many customization options,
- New features like direct call, smart stay and pop-up play comes built in,
- New widgets which are in Galaxy S3
- Free 50GB Dropbox Storage Feature,
This firmware updates fixes most of the bugs in the device and also issues related to heating has been partially addressed. So, let’s proceed with the detailed yet quick pre requisites below and then followed by the procedure on how to update with this firmware.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- Create a backup of all the data with the help of below mentioned steps and not with the KIES as your device may not detect with the KIES after applying this update as till now this update might not have arrived for your Country.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and also you will have to ensure that the minimum battery life should be 30% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update. Disable / uninstall all the security suites installed in your phone.
- Now, turn Off your device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode. Recovery Mode in Galaxy S II I9100 can be entered by pressing the Volume Up + Menu Button and then holding these both buttons, you will need to turn ON the device so that it can be entered in the Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode, clear all the cache and wipe the data by selecting the corresponding options. Once it’s done, reboot the device in the Normal Mode. If you are on custom ROM firmware, then you also need to clear the dalvik cache.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Let’s head over to the next step where we have summed up the detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S II with UHMS9 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download the UHMS9 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package from here to your computer along with Odin. Once downloaded, open Odin in your computer and turn off your phone so that the same can be entered in the Download mode.
- Download mode in Galaxy S II GT I9100 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Once the device is entered in the Download Mode, connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and in Odin you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Now, click on “PDA” to select the tar file which you got upon extraction to click on “Start”. Once clicked on Start, it will take around 3 -4 minutes for applying the update. As soon as the update is applied successfully, the device will be rebooted.
- Please note that it may take more than 4 -5 minutes to reboot the device sometimes due to some reasons, so ensure that you don’t press the power button or the USB cable in the process. Till you see the Language selection / Country Selector option, don’t disconnect the device from computer.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or show the home screen then remove the battery and reinsert the same to boot the device again in the normal mode.
You can check the current firmware version from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware version will be UHMS9 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try to address the same as soon as possible. Very soon we will be coming up with a separate article which will help you root the device as well.