Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 I9305 LTE with Latest Jellybean 4.1.1 XXALI5 Firmware:
- Download the Latest Jellybean 4.1.1 XXALI5 Firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract the same and then open the Odin in your computer. Once the Odin is opened, turn off your phone so that it can be entered in the download mode.
- Turn off your S3 so that it can be turned ON in the download mode. Download mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9305 can be entered by pressing the Volume Down rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- In download mode, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and click on “PDA” in Odin to select the tar file which you have gfot after extracting the firmware zip file.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB Cable and then you will see that in odin the ID : COM section will turn Yellow.
Note: If ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Now, click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted automatically. Ensure that you are not interrupting the process by disconnecting the device connected until you see the home screen in your computer.
Tip: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, you have now successfully applied the update of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware in your device. You can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you can see the firmware version as Jellybean 4.1.1 XXALI5 Firmware.
Pages: 1 2