Samsung Galaxy S3, the flagship marvel from the house of SAMSUNG can now be upgraded with the latest custom ROM offering which is based on the jellybean 4.1.1 firmware built dubbed as Android revolution custom ROM firmware. In the last few days we saw on how you can update with the newer versions of Stock firmwares but just in case if you were not happy with the same, you can make us of this custom ROM firmware. Please note that this is not an official firmware released by SAMSUNG Electronics and is a custom ROM firmware.
Features of Android Revolution HD 9.5.0
- Removed software (CPU) rendering – full Exynos 4 Quad (GPU) rendering
- Fully optimized and tweaked
- ROOT (su + SuperSu Permissions – Thanks to chainfire)
- Unsecured boot.img
- Newest BusyBox
- RAM optimizations
- System signatures check enabled for system security and safety
- Improved virtual memory management
- Speed optimizations
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
- Bloat ware applications removed
- All /system applications updated to latest available
- All /data applications updated to latest available
- Improved camera performance
- Improved CPU governors performance
- Most optimal system scheduler
- Disabled kernel debugging for better performance
- Zip aligned (Improved RAM management)
- Zip align on boot (for user applications on data partition)
- Fully de-odexed
- init.d scripts (Busy Box run-parts) support
- Auto init.d permissions set on boot
- sysro/sysrw commands support
- Excellent battery life!
- Improved EXT4 performance
- You can replace Samsung boot animation with any custom one (or use ICS default)
- Open VPN support
- Most up-to-date system files permissions
- Adobe Flash Player support for Ice Cream Sandwich
- Support almost 24h a day
Not with the KIES but with the help of below mentioned steps, backup all the data present in your phone so as to make sure that if by any chance the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Battery level should be not less than 20% so as to make sure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. Disable all the security suites installed in your computer so as to make sure that just it doesn’t interfere with the firmware update process.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Please note that before applying this firmware, you will have to root the device, to check on whether you have rooted your Galaxy S III or not, you can check the same by downloading the app called “Root Checker” which you can download from the Google PLAY Store. If you are not on the rooted firmware then you will have to root the device. As of now there is no ETA on by when there will be an official version of Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware but it is slated to release very soon.
So once you are done with all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply this latest firmware in your device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 with Android revolution custom ROM firmware:
- Download the Android revolution custom ROM firmware Package from here to your computer and place the same in the external micro SD Card of your Galaxy S3 smartphone.
- If connected with the computer, disconnect the same and turn off your S3 so that it can be entered in the recovery mode.
- Recovery mode in Galaxy S2 GT I9100 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device. In recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. If the device starts normally, then you will need to re try the process of entering the device in the recovery mode. You can also enter the device in recovery mode via the ROM Manager app.
- Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from internal sd card” and then choose the Android revolution custom ROM firmware Package which you have placed in your phone. Once it’s selected, it will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update. Also, note that it may take longer time than the normal time for the first reboot.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
To check on whether the firmware has been successfully applied or not, all you need to do is to just head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where in you can check the same on the firmware has been updated or not.
Congratulations, do let us know if you face any issues faced in the process of applying the update as we will try to address the same as soon as possible.