An all new firmware version has arrived for your Samsung Galaxy S III I9300 smartphone which is a superior version compared to all its previous releases, XXDLH6. This all new version which we will be discussing in the due course of this article is the latest XXDLH7 Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware version. This update fixes all the bugs pertaining to the Wi Fi, Bluetooth and the Google PLAY Store as there are some issues like force close errors. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the detailed pre requisite instructions you will have to follow along with the detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update. All thanks to Samfirmware for coming up with this update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
Enable the KIES mode in the USB Connection options which you can find from the Settings. Applying this update won’t void the warranty in any manner, also most importantly the warranty will stay intact even after you apply this update. Note down the current firmware version from the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will get the firmware version details. As of now there is no exact date for the Official Jellybean 4.1.1 roll out but it’s said that very soon in the coming days, Galaxy S III will b receiving the Official Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update.
Essential pre Requisites:
- Don’t backup with the KIES and backup all the data manually with the help of below mentioned steps. Ensure that once you are backing up all the data, place all the target backup files in your computer by connecting the USB cable to the computer. KIES won’t detect this firmware since it’s the leaked firmware version.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, you will have to enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy SIII. Minimum battery left in your device should not be less than 50% and also
So, assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next page where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply this latest update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with XXDLH7 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update:
- Download XXDLH7 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Package and Odin for Galaxy S3 GT I9300 from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract he same to get the Odin executable file and I9300XXDLH7_I9300OXADLH7_I9300XXLH7_HOME.tar.md5 file.
- Open Odin executable file from here to your computer. Once opened, you will have to turn Off your Galaxy S3 device.
- Download mode in Galaxy S III GT I9300 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Connect your Galaxy S3 with your computer / Laptop and then in Odin you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
Note: If ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
- Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
- Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Once it’s done, click on “PDA” to select “I9300XXDLH7_I9300OXADLH7_I9300XXLH7_HOME.tar.md5” and then proceed to clicking on “Start”. It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update and once it’s successfully updated the device will be shown with the Language selection settings etc.
- Please note that initially it will take more than 4 -5 minutes for turning the device ON and will get stuck on the S Logo for a while.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Do share with us in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same. Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware which you can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone and Firmware version”.