How to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Jellybean 4.3.1 Android Firmware – Guide
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 Android Phone can now be updated with the latest version of Jellybean 4.3.1 Android OS. While Samsung has just started the OTA update of this release globally, it will take a while for actually coming to your devices. So, let’s check out on how you can update with the latest and most apt Jellybean 4.3.1 Android OS with the help of Slim Bean custom ROM firmware. So before we check out on what are the detailed instructions with which you can apply this update, you will have to follow the list of quick pre requisites which are mentioned below;
Quick Pre Requisites:
- It’s recommended to not to use the KIES for taking the backup as it may not help you restore the data. Manual backup will help you restore the data at any point of time.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log –Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Minimum battery life should be 40% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
- Since this is the custom ROM firmware, you will need to makes sure that your phone is rooted. To check on whether your phone is rooted or not, you will have to download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store. With the below mentioned two steps, you need to root the device.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.
Let’s head to the next page where we have summed up the detailed guide which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 with Jellybean 4.3.1 Android OS:
- Download the Jellybean 4.3.1 Android OS Package and Google Apps Package from here to your computer and once downloaded place the same in your device.
- Recovery Mode in Galaxy S3 can be entered by Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device. Alternatively, you can also enter the device in recovery mode with the help of ROM Manager app.
- In recovery mode, Clear the Cache and Wipe the data with the help of appropriate steps. Once done, select “install zip from sd card” and then choose the zip file of Jellybean 4.3.1 Android which you have placed in your phone and then the Google Apps Package.
- Once the firmware is updated, select “Go Back” and select “reboot system now”. The whole process of firmware update will take around 10-12 minutes and once the firmware is updated successfully, you can check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone” where the current firmware version will be mentioned.
Note: If at all your Nexus 5 gets in the boot loop sequence then you need to turn off the device and then reapply the update from the start. To turn off you can reinsert the battery or say you can long press the power button.
So there you go, you have now successfully updated your device with the latest Jellybean 4.3 firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of updating the firmware.