In a bid to enhance your Android experience, here comes an all new custom ROM firmware for an all new smartphone Samsung Galaxy S III GT I9300 dubbed as Omega v4.0. Over a period of this article, we will be checking out on the detailed list of features which this custom ROM comes with, screenshots and then followed by the detailed guide on how to apply this firmware. This Omega custom ROM firmware which we will be checking out is not an Official firmware but is a custom ROM firmware developed by XDA recognized developer indie. The best part of this custom ROM firmware is that this comes with a host of features which the stock firmware doesn’t come with.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of applying this rooting process in your device. It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions to the point which are mentioned in this article.
Features of Omega Custom ROM Firmware:
- XXALEF Kernel & CWM 184.108.40.206 based,
- CWM Manager is preloaded,
- Option to remove 47 apks which makes a free space of 171 MB,
- All add on apps of Omega custom ROM firmware can be removed,
- Fixes issues related to GPS,
- Latest Google PLAY Store 3.5.19,
- Updated Flipboard app,
- Google Maps & Gmail has been updated,
- Battery indication is in %age,
- Ad block plus comes pre-installed,
- Silent camera,
- Street View on Google Maps, Convert Pad and Hide it Pro app comes pre-loaded
- Issues with Low light sensitivity pertaining to camera app has been fixed,
- Force close issues with some particular app has been addressed
- Removed apps like S memo (Replaced by Color Note) and also Boot sound, Plug in charger sound & Shutdown Animation have been disabled.
Rooting Information: For applying this update in your Samsung Galaxy S III, you need to ensure that the device is rooted and once rooted, the warranty gets void. The only way with which you can revoke the root access is by re applying the Galaxy S III with any of the Stock Firmware version. You can note down your current firmware version from the Path “Settings > About Phone” so that you can easily revert back to the same whenever you wish to.
- All the data in your device should be backed up so that just in case if your Galaxy S III is wiped off which seems very evident as you need to wipe the data so that the performance of the device is not affected.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Install the latest Samsung Galaxy S III drivers from here to your computer. Once downloaded, install the same in your device. Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy S III from the path “Settings > Developers > USB Debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Up next you need to ensure that your device is left with the minimum charge of 60% so as to make sure that it doesn’t get switched Off in the process of updating Omega Custom ROM firmware.
- Disable /Uninstall all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer as these tools generally interrupt the process of firmware update.
Assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next page where we have summed up the detailed instructions on how to apply this firmware.
Pages: 1 2