How to Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with XXDLI5 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 smartphone users can now rejoice as an all new firmware version which is dubbed as XXDLI5 Jellybean build has arrived and in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can install the same. Over a period of this article we will be checking out on what are the detailed pre requisites you need to follow along with the detailed tutorial on how to apply this update. This update ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware and is having the built on the JRO03C Jellybean baseband kernel. It was the last time when we saw on how you can update the S3 with XXDLI1 firmware update. Though there will be some minor bugs, the firmware is pretty smooth and has a very responsive UI.
I9300XXDLI5 Noticeable Changes:
- Maps compass is fixed
- Maps arrow for direction is fixed
- UI is smoother and faster
- Smart Stay Improved
- Very Stable
- No FCs
Please be informed that this is not the final and official release of Jellybean 4.1.1 release and is a test release which may come with few bugs. These bugs will be fixed in the coming days. Since, this firmware is the beta test release, after applying this update the device won’t be detected in the KIES. So, it’s highly recommended that you backup all the data present in the device so that just in case if the data gets lost or corrupted, the same can be restored with the help of below mentioned steps.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
If there are any antivirus tools which are installed in the device, uninstall the same or disable as these tools generally interrupt the process of firmware update. Applying this update will no longer be rooting the device and also the best part if your Galaxy S3 is on any of the custom ROM firmware, the warranty will be restored.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply the firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 with XXDLI5 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Download Odin and Jellybean XXDLI5 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Once its done, you need to extract the Firmware zip file and Odin.
- Open Odin executable file in your computer and turn off your Galaxy S3 device so that it can be entered in the download mode.
- The download mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9300 can be entered in recovery mode by pressing the Volume Up rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off. If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode.
- Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and click on “PDA” in Odin to select the tar file “I9300XXDLI5_I9300OXADLI5_I9300XXDLI5_HOME.tar.md5”. Ensure that the ID : COM section in Odin has turned yellow.
Note: If ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
Install the USB Drivers in your computer &
Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. Make sure that the re partition option is not ticked. . Please be informed that the device will take longer time than expected for rebooting the device. To check on whether the firmware is applied successfully or not, you will have to check the same from the path “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where it will be shown as Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.