How to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 with Capon Mod Jellybean 4.1.2 Custom ROM Firmware
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 smartphone is still yet to receive the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware but none the less you can now update your device with the latest firmware of Capon Mod custom ROM of whose we have summed up a detailed list of features. All thanks to the recognized XDA developer AL92 who has come up with this update. So, over a period of this tutorial we will be checking out on what are the detailed list on instructions you will have to go through so as to apply this firmware update along with the detailed guide.
Disclaimer: Follow all the instructions mentioned in this article as if there is any damage caused due to not following instructions then we shall not be held liable or responsible. Just in case if you face any issues then we will try our level best to address the same.
Your precious data should be backed up so as to make sure that just in case if the data gets erased / corrupted, you should be in a position to restore the same. So, with the help of below mentioned manual steps you will have to create the backup.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Features of Capon Mod custom ROM:
– Based on Stock FW XXDLIH
– Rooted (Cf-Root)
– Updated Adfree Hosts
– Included Modem
– 114 CSC
– DSP MANAGER for Audio
– GalleryFlow 2.0
– Extended Power Menu
– Photo & Video Improved
– Extended Radio Signals (Tested with SpeedTest)
– Disable the ADB notification Icon
– Enable the Hardware Rendering of the GUI
– Smoother scrolling
– Disable Google OTA Update checkin
- Minimum battery level left in your phone should not fall below 30% so as to make sure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging, ensure that the USB debugging option is ticked.
- Ensure that you are having a minimum of 1GB micro SD Card as the firmware zip file will have to be placed in the external SD Card. If you put the zip in your internal memory of the device, then you won’t be able to select the file in the recovery mode. Ensure that your Galaxy S3 is rooted, you can check on whether the device is rooted or not from the app called “Root Checker”. With the help of below mentioned steps, you can easily root and install the custom recovery if you haven’t updated in your S3.
So assuming that you are done with the above mentioned steps, you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial to update Galaxy S3 with Capon Mod custom ROM.