How to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 with XXDLI7 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware Update
It’s not even 24hrs that we came with an article which helped you to update with the XXDLI6 firmware update for your Samsung Galaxy S3 and now an all new version has arrived which comes with pre-loaded apps like Google Apps like PLAY Movies, PLAY Books and Video Hub. This all new jellybean 4.1.1 firmware also comes with a new enhanced keyboard with more optimization on the Font end. The best part is that we have been using this from the last 24hrs and haven’t faced any issues as of now. Also, the warranty won’t be void if you apply this firmware updated. As of now there is no estimated time on by when there will be an Official Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update pushed by Samsung but its expected by next month end. For your convenience, we will also be adding the screen captures along with a video tutorial which will further help you to update the device by following an interactive video based tutorial.
Yes, if you are on a rooted firmware then the root access will be revoked and warranty can be reclaimed. With the help of below steps, backup all the data present in your phone so that the same can be restored with the help of below steps manually. Don’t make use of KIES for backing up the data.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Minimum battery level should not be less than 30% so as to make sure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. Also, ensure that all the antivirus suites are disabled or uninstalled.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable for any damage happened to your device due to not following the instructions. It is very unlikely that there will be any damage to your device if you follow all the instructions.
So assuming that you have followed all the above mentioned instructions, you can now proceed to the next step where we have mentioned a detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 with XXDLI7 Jellybean 4.1.1 Firmware:
- Download XXDLI7 Firmware Package from here to your computer. Connect your phone to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the zip file in your device’s memory card.
- Disconnect the device once the file is copied in the computer and turn off the device so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Recovery mode in Galaxy S III GT I9300 can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button).
- In recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the placed XXDLI7 Firmware Package. Once the file selection is over, the firmware will be applied within 10 minutes, you can see the progress of firmware update with the help of a progress bar.
- As soon as the firmware is applied successfully, you will have to select “Go Back” to select the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
Note: Just in a rare case if your Samsung Galaxy S III refuses to turn ON or say if it gets stuck on the Samsung Galaxy S3 Logo then you need to long press the power button to turn off the same or re insert the battery to start the process from the start.
- If you get any force close errors, then turn off the device and enter the device in the recovery mode to select the options of clear cache and wipe data as it will clear out all the cache data which are responsible for force close errors.
To check now on whether the firmware has been updated or not, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” and see whether it reads XXDLI7 firmware version 4.1.1 or not. Do let us know if you come across any issues in the process of applying the firmware update. So there you go, you have now successfully upgraded your Galaxy S3 with the latest Jellybean 4.1.1 firmware update.