Update Galaxy S3 I9305 with Official Jellybean 4.1.2 XXBMA3 Firmware Update – Guide
XXBMA3 arrives for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305 smartphone, so for all those who wish to apply the same we will be guiding you with the same. Please note that you will need to make sure that you follow all the instructions before proceeding to apply with this update. This latest XXBMA3 update ropes in the latest Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware and also ropes in the many new features which we have mentioned below,
- Android 4.1.2 – JZO54K
- Multi-View (Multi-Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)
- Page Buddy
- New Gallery App (From Note II)
- Notification Panel (Notification Panel can now be customized)
- Brightness Slider in Notification Panel Can Now Be Disabled
- Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- Paper Artist App
- Group Cast App
This update has been started to roll in select countries but there is no ETA on by when this will be pushed to all the devices. Also, make sure that this device is bearing the model number as I9305 and not I9300 which can be checked from Settings > About Phone. Now, all you need to do is to follow the below mentioned list of pre requisites after which we have mentioned the detailed list of instructions to update.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9305 smartphone should be backed up manually and not with KIES or ROM Manager as it may brick the device completely. With the help of below mentioned steps, you can easily create a backup.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- From the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”, enable the USB Debugging and also make sure that your device is left with the minimum of 40% or the device will get turned off in the middle of customizing process. Ensure that your device is not rooted.
Disclaimer: Though we don’t like to give any disclaimers, the only thing we would like to tell you is that please follow all the instructions mentioned in this article or else there is a risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
So assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned steps, you can now proceed to the next step where we have summed up a detailed guide on how to apply with this firmware update.
Procedure to Update Galaxy S3 I9305 with XXBMA3 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Update:
- Download the XXBMA3 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package + Odin from here to your computer. Once done, extract both the files and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the download mode. Download mode in Galaxy S3 GT I9300 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which you will get to see a green robot indicating that the device has entered in the download mode.
- Connect your phone in the download mode to the computer while keeping Odin opened. Once you connect, you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers have been successfully installed.
- Click on “PDA” to select “TAR File” which you got after extracting the firmware file and then click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. As soon as the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be rebooted automatically indicating that the firmware has been updated successfully.
- Once you see the home screen, disconnect the device and head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” where you will be able to see the firmware version as Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware XXBMA3.
Tip: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or gets into the continuous Boot loop mode, you need to reinsert the battery and boot the device normally. Or else you need to re-apply the update by following the steps above.
Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues so that we can assist you as soon as possible. Very soon we will be also coming out with the Jellybean 4.2.2 for Galaxy S3 I9305 smartphone and also for I9300. Stay tuned to AndroidAdvices.